Friday, January 23, 2009

Courage kit

As you know from the post below, the color scheme #1 was the winner. With this kit there were many requests for a boy kit. And many people suggested that these colors would be good for camouflage. So here is the equation that I got out of it:

Color scheme 1 + boy kit + camo papers = Courage kit

This was a challenge for me because 1) I am a girl, and 2) 3 out of my 4 kids are girls, so naturally it's easier for me to create more girl kits. But still, I had a great time creating a more boy-themed kit.

And I learned a new way to make camouflage paper! Here is a link to the tutorial.

I decided to name the kit "Courage" because that is the main word that comes to mind when I think about those people serving in the military. It takes courage to train. It takes courage to serve. It takes courage to leave your family behind. And for those families left behind, it takes courage to let your son or daughter, your husband or wife, your brother or sister, your father or mother, go. Entering the world of the unknown takes courage.

I am thankful for those serving in the military for your bravery, your courage and your love for our country and for our freedom. I hope you enjoy this kit.

Click here to download the free "Courage" kit:
Courage kit: part 1
Courage kit: part 2
Courage kit: part 3