Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Worthy Cause

My best friend here in Tucson named Sarah is asking for our help. Her dear friend's daughter, little Lauren, has Cystic Fibrosis. For those who don't know, they have not discovered a cure for this disease, and people with Cystic Fibrosis do not live past the age of 40.
Sarah is doing what she can to raise money to help find a cure. She has created a free digital scrapbook kit...her first ever, and might I say she is a complete natural. Sarah is the MOST TALENTED quilter I know (she's the one who created the quilt for baby Bree), and so she has a natural eye for colors and patterns and coordinating them well. She has a gift for making quilts for people. She made one for me for Claire, and she has made so many for other people...just out of love. They are beautiful. And now she has created a digital scrapbook kit and I just think it is awesome! I love this kit that she and she has appropriately named it "Just Breathe." You can click below to go to her blog to download it and to read more about little Lauren. And please, if you are able to, make a donation for the cause...I just did. Thanks!

Summer Driggs
http://biselfamily.blogspot.com/2009/04/just-breathe-digital-kit.html

15 comments:

sue said...

thanks summer off to look
sue
x

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

I am on my way to bed and saw your new post on my blog roll and had to come and check it out. I shall be back tomorrow to visit Sarah's blog.

I have a designer friend with a teenage daughter that has Cystic Fibrosis. I hope and pray that a cure be found soon!

Thank you for bringing Sarah and her daughter to our attention. Sarah's quilts are DIVINE and her first kit is SPLENDID!

SWEET DREAMS!

Hugs,
Linda :)

Bisel Family said...

Summer, thanks so much for your help. You rock.

Kari said...

Thanks for letting us know about this Summ. We will definitely keep her in our prayers. The kit your friend designed is beautiful...wish I knew how to use it. Maybe someday right? :) ha ha. I hope the donation helps. :) Love ya!

Kari said...

Oh, and forgot to mention, baby Bree LOVES her beautiful blanket!!! (And, by the way, she finished her last round of chemo yesterday!!!)

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing, Summer! I love how you support your friends like this -- awesome!

And, I must say that I was REALLY excited to read baby Bree's latest post! How wonderful.

I can't wait to read about Lauren.

Katie said...

Summer, I'm Lauren's mom (the little girl pictured on your blog). I just want to thank you for your support. I also want to thank all those who have donated. Words really can't express what it means to me or my daughter.

butterflyscripts said...

You work is amazing. I can tel by your blog without kowing you what a kind giving person you are. I will have me and my three girls save our money to donate to your cause. Thanks for sharing your talents.

Pebley Family said...

Thanks for the kit. I have 3 cousins with CF. Their ages are26, 19, and 16. We are hoping and praying that they find a cure soon.

I love you kits

Christine said...

Just to let you know I love ll your designs, and you sem like a person with a HUGE heart...your friends and family are lucky you are in thir lives!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Summer, you're so generous with your designs and they are gorgeous. I've got an award for you on my blog if you'd care to pick it up ;)
Anne xx

Robyn Reynolds said...

I am so sorry. My best friend growing up had Cystic Fibrosis. She is now in her late 20's, married and very happy. I know it is a horrible thing and I feel for your friend. I wish her all the luck in the world. She will be in my prayers.

Leah said...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I've visited Sarah's blog, donated and now posted something on my own blog to get the word out.

~Leah from Oklahoma

myralundstrom said...

My cousin has CF and is 19 and about to graduate high school!!! I love to see people trying to get the word out about CF. Thanks!

Dena Cooper said...

Thank you for doing this wonderful kit. My son's uncle has CF. As hard as it is knowing that loved one's with CF don't have long lives to look foward to, progress is being made. As you noted, those with CF don't live past 40. I can remember when that age was 20. Research has made great strides. I hope that a cure comes soon.