Thursday, December 17, 2009

You are all so wonderful!!!

I just want to thank you all for your donations, prayers and kind words. I have been amazed at all of your heartfelt messages, and many of you sharing stories of your own lost loved ones and having to cope with that. Everyone of us will lose people we love and people who are close to us...it is just a part of life. But all I know, was that when I lost my mom, one of the greatest things for me was to know that others were aware and that they cared. In fact, just last Sunday at church, the bishop of our ward came up to me and said, "I just want you to know that I am thinking about you during this time of the year. I know it is difficult for you." I couldn't believe it. It has been 3 years since my mom has died (December 22nd) and he remembered it. It brought to me a flood of memories, but at the exact same time, an overwhelming feeling of love to know that someone remembered.

If any of you noticed, Kari's sister commented on the post and this was what she said:

"Thank you so much for being so willing to help out my sister Kari and her family. I tear up at every act of service Kari has received. She is the most amazing person and I am honored to call her my sister. You are doing a wonderful service and will be greatly blessed. Thank you again from all of us.

Kendyl"

When I told my sister how much has been raised so far, she was very emotional. I realize Christmas is a difficult time financially for many, and it is hard to give away even more money, because usually there is not money to be given. But you have all been so selfless. I truly appreciate it and I know that Kari and her children will as well.

Some of you have asked if you could mail a check or cash. That is just fine with me, however, I don't want to put my address on my blog, so please email me and I would be happy to send you my address that way.

I will be bringing her the donation money sometime next week before Christmas. Please feel free to keep donating after Christmas if you feel inclined. I will continue to accept donations for their family through New Year's Eve.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Summer

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Summer, Thank you so much for your testimony of forever families and your love and service. I am amazed at how Christlike you are. My husband is out of work and things are so tight for us right now. And although not having the extras or even some of the basics for my own family has been hard, the hardest part is not being able to help others as much as I'd like, especially at this time of year when so many people truly need our service and love. Thank you for giving of your talents and sharing with others so they can give too! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Andi Walker said...

How much have we raised? Please tell Kari that we are praying for her. I can't imagine what she is going through. May the Lord bless her.

{ K } said...

Thanks for doing this, you're such a sweet lady!
Thanks for listening to my story and for your kind words.
It is true that everyone will lose someone, but what's nice is to have OTHER someone's who are able to just listen.

Jessica said...

I'm so very happy to hear that there was so much money raised. That's truly wonderful and I hope that Kari's able to make this Christmas as special as she can for her kids, despite the circumstances. Please continue to let her know that she's in my prayers. My family faces it's first Christmas without my dad this year as well - 5 months - and it's already hard. I'm so sorry to hear that they're having to go through this only weeks after having lost someone so amazing.

Nishant said...

Thank you for giving of your talents and sharing with others so they can give too

Work from home India