Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cheers to the New Year kit

I hope you all had a Happy New Year celebration. Can you believe 2012 is here? Where does the time go? I had heard a quote from someone that I thought was funny. It says, "A New Year's Resolution is something that goes in one YEAR and out the other." That has been completely true for me! For some reason I always set these totally dramatic and unattainable goals and basically set myself up for failure after about a week of trying.

This year I decided to simplify and make sure I can actually accomplish what I want to do. For instance, last year I might have said, "I am not going to eat any sugar for a month." Well, if you know me, my biggest passion in life is baking and even if I vowed to not eat whatever it was I baked for the fam, I also don't have will-power. Well, my new goal is that there's one day a week where I will bake whatever I want and eat however much I want to. Then the rest of the week I just try to eat healthy. I have the same goal for my family too. Today was my kids' first day going back to school from their winter break and at around 2:00 I had the itch to bake them some cookies. But then I remembered our goal and instead sliced them some apples and made them popcorn. We know that in 5 days we'll get something super yummy to eat...I can hold off for that long, right?! Time will tell!!!

Okay, wake up!!! I know I just bored you all to sleep. I just love the New Year because I love to start fresh. I love to set goals and be motivated and sometimes having a New Year is just what I need to get me out of that lurch. I hope you all can have something that will motivate you. I would love to read if you have set a resolution for yourself. Cheers to the New Year!!!!

Click below to download the FREE "Cheers to the New Year" kit

37 comments:

Mamma Mia said...

Happy New Year Summer! Thanks for these really bright designs ... they're working wonders on a cold, wet and windy day! Helen x

Amanda said...

Thank you for another fab kit, happy new year to you and your family. I am another one that has decided no resolutions for me this year as I know i stand a better chance if I don't write them down and commit myself to them. hugs amanda x

paperpapier said...

thank you for another superb kit...love them all!!
Happy New Year to you and your family and hope it brings lots of smiles and joy.
Heaney xx

Paula said...

Thanks for another amazing kit!!!
Am off to bed now but will download it tomorrow!

Paula. :D x

Sandra said...

Hi Summer, Happy new year to you and your family, Thank you so very much for yet again a fabulous kit that you give away as a freebie your so kind, l agree with you bake and eat for one day and try to be good for the rest of the week enjoy what you make:) Sandra H

Paddington fan said...

Thank you so much for a brilliant kit - I'm loving the bright cheerful colours!! Happy new Year - hope it's a good one!! Love Jacky x

Van said...

Happy New Year to you and your family and thank you so much for the lovely bright and cheerful kit!

CrystalNVa said...

Great cheerful kit THANK YOU ;~}

Nannieflash said...

Happy New Year Summer to you and your family, and dont worry about the resolutions we are all having a similar problem keeping them up. Stunning digi set love it, thanks for all your hard work much appreciated. hugs Shirleyxx

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Happy New Year!!
LOVE your kit! It's so cheerful and fun!! Thank you so much for sharing it with me.:)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. as always I love your kits, you do such great work. thank you so much for sharing them.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Jan. 04, 2012. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the fun kit!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much

Judi said...

FABULOUS kit! Thanks SO much and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Judi

lwlittlebit said...

Thanks so much for sharing!

Tine said...

Thanks so much, & a very happy new year to you & your family.

Cori said...

Thanks for the beautiful kit!

etherealfire said...

How lovely :) Thanks so much and wishing you and yours a very joyous, peaceful and fulfilling 2012!!!

Jane said...

WOW! WHat a HAPPY kit...thank you xxx

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

LOVE the bright cheerful colors! Thank you! Now if I could only find some spare time to do some scrapping!

benziengirl said...

Thanks Summer! This is so festive! I love it!

ShannonH said...

Thanks! Love your kits!

Kirsten said...

Thank you so much!

Bethany said...

Thank you so much, Summer! I absolutely love your designs. I have been on a huge scrapbooking kick lately because it gives me a chance to you use your darling papers and elements. Thank you so much for your generosity and talent!

Carole said...

What great designs - thank you :)

Kimberly @ The Brown Eyes Have It said...

What a great kit!! So many possibilities. Thank you!

Mary J said...

Good luck with your goals, Summer!

Thx for this amazing kit, so bright and happy!

Anonymous said...

fab thank you

Anonymous said...

.·:*¨·••·¨*:·HAPPY NEW YEAR:*¨·••·¨*:·.
Just wanted to thanks you for all your fantastic files so generously shared in 2011
Bless you, your time, hard work and your amazing talent
I wish you many more creative years of inspiration!!
Keep up the fabulous work.Looking forward to seeing more of your work
(¨`•.•´¨) Hugs
.`•.¸(¨`•.•´¨) from the
(¨`•.•´¨)¸.•´ HEART,
.`•.¸.•´ snowbird@hotmail.de
Good luck with everything you plan for the new year
hope you have a marvelous week

Amanda said...

love the argyle. thank you.

Leah said...

My twin girls' birthday is December 31st, so this kit will be perfect for scrapping their birthday fun!

Thank you for another great kit!

belle007 said...

Thanks very much for the kit. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Shirley said...

I can't begin to tell you how this kit brought a smile to my face, especially since our weather has been gray and gloomy. These bright colors are fantastic for birthday cards or any celebration for that matter. Thank you.

sbo said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks.sbobet

Meg said...

Thank you again for another awesome Summertime kit!!

pearita said...

WOW!!Another beautiful and colorful kit!I love them.Thanks a lot for always sharing beautiful kit.

I can't wait for Another wonderful kit!!