Thursday, June 14, 2012

Downloading Tutorial

Hey all. I have been getting a few emails about 2 things:

Question 1:  When will you be making a new kit?

Answer:  I am working on one right now. However, with having a busy life, designing is not my priority at the moment, so I can only work on it a little at a time. I really really really want to do a 4th of July kit, so I am trying to finish this one so I can get working on that one. But what can I say? It's summertime and I want to enjoy this time with my kids being home. And, I've had insomnia for 2 years (bleh) and am working on overcoming that and one of the things that I have to cut out in order to do so, is no computer time 2 hours before bedtime. This used to be when I would do my designing because the kids were in bed, so I am much more...slowgoing...with my designing.

Question 2:  I am having trouble downloading your kits with 4shared.com. Can you explain how to download from that site?

Answer: I know for those of you who already know how to download, sometimes when the traffic is heavy, it takes awhile and it might not even happen until less people are downloading (this pretty much only happens when I put a new kit out there). Just like a regular traffic jam on the freeway!

Sometimes links become invalid. When this happens, please email me directly so I can re-pload that portion of the kit to the link. I don't frequently check my comment section on the blog, but I do check my email everyday. With that said, I do not have time to reply to my emails everyday and it does take awhile for me to upload to a link, so sometimes that gets put on the back burner.

And finally, for those who do not know how to download at all, I think you may need to create an account at 4shared.com, but just choose the option for the free account. Then when you click on the links from my Summertime Designs site, follow these steps:



Once you click "Download file now" it should start downloading to your computer. On my Mac, a little window pops up like the one below. It's been a long time since I've used a PC to remember what it does exactly.




Now, I do remember that if you have a PC then you'll have to extract the files. I believe I used to right-click the folder and choose "extract files" and then it would make it so it's a regular folder that you can click on and go into.

I hope this helps!

9 comments:

regency jean said...

Thankyou so much for this tutorial from a near beginner. Enjoy your Summer time with the family.

Helen J said...

I don't envy you the insomnia but I do envy you your time at home with the children. Definitely far more important than designing, so enjoy!
Helen

Sandra H said...

Thank you summer for the tutorial and nice to hear from you again :)x

Faith A said...

Hi Summer
Glad to hear from you, enjoy your time with your family. MUCH more important than feeding our addiction of your kits LOL.

the cole family said...

I love your work!! I really hope you continue to find bits and pieces of time to design!!! But of course family is first -- completely understand!

Have you ever created a School Themed kit? I'm in desperate need and I'm having a really hard time finding a free CUTE kit!

WLCI Design School said...

Your blog is very informative. WLCI school of advertising and graphic designing offers programmes & courses for graduates and undergraduates students.

For More Details : http://www.wlcidesign.in/

Tina Jin said...

Hi Summer,

My name is Tina, I am the Contributing Editor for a community called Scrapbooking powered by Atomic Reach. This is a website focused on a community of scrapbookers with great tips on scrapbooking, layout design, creative spaces and so on. Your blog has caught our attention, especially with your great kits! We’re currently looking for more writers who would be interested in contributing and/or create high quality content, and would like to invite you to participate in our program.

So, the obvious question is: What’s in it for me?

Lots of traffic to your blog, and we’ll be sending new readers to your site every day. It’s great for SEO. In many of our previous blogger cases, we’ve doubled traffic to their sites and significantly decreased bounce rates. If you decide to join, Silly Little Ones will publish the title of your posts and the first few sentences of each post. If readers want to read the full story, they’ll be pushed to your blog. The benefits are straightforward: increased exposure and more traffic to your site.

To get a better idea of how the new site will look, visit www.atomicreach.com/tribe/scrapbooking. Try selecting one of the links and see how you are brought back to the original source, hence you would be driving more traffic towards your own blog!

You may also likely be wondering how you were selected. After reviewing a selection of your posts, we decided your content was perfect for our community. This includes articles, comments, videos, photographs and podcasts.

If you’re interested in joining our community, the next move is to e-mail me back at tinajin@atomicreach.com with “Scrapbook” in the subject line and I will send you an invite into the community. If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them directly. I look forward to you joining our community.

Sincerely,
Tina

Mrs. Schmalison said...

I love your kits and your tutorials!!! I have the most recent of Photoshop but I don't know how to use it. So your tutorials have really helped me. Don't worry, you take care of your family. Priorities.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I was hoping you had one. I almost missed it because I was looking at a different kit (which is fabulous, by the way and THANKS for those too!). May I suggest you link this tutorial under your "Quick Links to Tutorials" section on your sidebar?