Friday, May 2, 2014

It's a Spring Thing kit

I love springtime in the desert. The cactus get their chance to shine during this season. The very tips of the cactus grow vibrant colored blossoms, and all of the palo verde trees are in full bloom with little yellow flower buds. I went for a walk this morning on our property and was able to take these pictures.


As beautiful as these blossoms are, springtime in the desert is also a time when the snakes are out and about. This is a picture that I took last month of a snake on our property. Luckily it was only a nonvenomous garter snake, but living out where we do, we have seen our fair share of rattlesnakes.

My favorite part of this particular spring is that I have had the chance to go once or twice a week on hikes with some pretty awesome ladies. We originally named ourselves the Hardy Hikers, but since we laugh the entire time, we call ourselves the Hardy Har Har Hikers. One of my favorite quotes comes from Marjorie Pay Hinckley (the wife of the late prophet of our church). She said, "Oh, how we need each other. Those of us who are old need you who are young. And, hopefully, you who are young need some of us who are old. It is a sociological fact that women need women. We need deep and satisfying and loyal friendships with each other." This is exactly how I feel about this group of ladies.

This kit is one that I started awhile ago. I have tried to work on it a bit at a time and my goal was to have it done by Easter, but I am slightly behind! I've called it "It's a Spring Thing". I hope that you are able to enjoy the nature around you this spring! Enjoy it!


Click here to download the FREE kit:

19 comments:

Positively Patty said...

Thank you!

I just moved to Mesa. Before moving here I never liked the desert landscape. Much of Utah is a desert as well, but the waterwise landscaping just did not appeal to me. That all changed when moving here. Instantly. I don't know how. We've now bought a house and I'm disappointed that I don't have a cactus!

I'm looking forward to hiking as well. I'll just have to read up on where to do it!

Janice said...

I used to live in Show Low and loved all the desert flowers when we would go to the valley. I love your kits, have them all and use them often. Thank you so much!!

Leah said...

So excited to see another one of your beautiful kits. Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

Kaleena said...

Spring time is the desert is so beautiful! Thank you for this awesome kit.

Willefam said...

So much fun! Spring is finally arriving here in Wyoming and I am LOVING it! Thanks sooo much for the free kit!! It's so bright and cheerful!

Amber said...

Thank you Summer for all your hard work! So cute!!!

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the cute kit! I use your kits all the time! And beautiful pictures of your desert! Our desert here in new mexico is not nearly as pretty!

Cassie said...

thank you, thank you!!!!

Nate said...

I just wanted to say..I have been bouncing by your blog for a long time...a number of years. I am the recipient of your sweet attitude and generosity. Thank you. You kits are wonderful and beautiful. You are wonderful. I just went and counted...I have around 20 of your kits... all just because you wanted to share your talent. Happy Mother's Day. You are special. :)

Stacy said...

I adore this bright and colorful kit! Thank you for sharing and Happy Mother's Day!

Alison said...

So excited to see a new kit from you! Thank you for sharing. Your home is so different to my wet but green spring in England.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I always look forward to your kits!

Sky Buffat said...

Love all these colors! Your kits have long since been a go-to for me and I so much appreciate your sharing! I hope creating them always brings you joy :)

Rosemary Smith said...

Thank you so much! Hard to be in a bad mood with all of the beautiful colors, great work.

Rachael said...

Thank you for another beautiful kit! I love using your designs, they are the best!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! This kit is sooo cute!

Michelle said...

I love your kits but don't know how to download them. Help

Stephanie said...

I love all of your kits! Thank you for sharing them! I would love to see a Back to School kit! :)

Paula Gale said...

Hi Summer

Wow - it's been a while since I visited with you here - although I do often check to see if you have posted. I love hearing about your sweet family and stories of your children. How is that little princess of yours. Your story is one that will always be with me when I reflect upon my journey around blogland - coming to your blog and hearing stories of when your youngest and indeed all of you, were going through the toughest of times with her illness. Also, the way you and your faith enabled you to remain largely positive and get through it all. Stories of your wider family and others that inter-twine in their lives and yours. The lady that had the bicycle accident and ended up paralysed - I went over and dontated to the fund they were having for her. You see, your stories have touched me in many ways and you kindly gave us an update a couple or so blog posts back (which in terms of actual time, seems years ago!).

I hope that one day, you'll begin to blog again and bring your Summer Sunshine into our lives!

I hope all is well with you and yours and trust that you are busy being a mum and growing and nurturing your family - and after getting to knowing you through your blog, that family will include many many more people that your own immediate one!

Hope to see you posting again soon.
Also, thank you for your colourful kit. Another welcome addition to my Summer Driggs collection!

Take care,
Paula Gale, England. xxx